Saturday, January 8, 2011

Energy Wise Home Improvements, Struthers, Ohio SUCKS!!!

Anthony J Porrazzo of Energy Wise Home Improvements, Struthers, Ohio came out to my house on 11-13-10 to give me an estimate on replacing my 5 upstairs windows.  I explained to him that Energy Wise Home Improvements of Struthers replaced my 8 bottom windows and I was calling to get an estimate.  I had previously got an estimate from another company that morning, and was comparing the two companies while talking to Mr. Porrazzo.  I showed Mr. Porrazzo that my front living room window was leaking and he asked why I didn’t call them to have it repaired.  I told him that I didn’t have time lately and that it costs 49 or 50 dollars to have them come out to fix windows they installed.  He looked at me and laughed and said, “You have a lifetime warranty, you don’t have to pay for that.” (LIE NUMBER ONE) I proceeded to tell him that the man who came out from Energy Wise before, when I had the windows installed the first time said that if I call them out for a torn screen that he said I should just tear them all so I get my monies worth.  Mr. Porrazzo just laughed and said, “No, a lifetime warranty means just that, we’ll fix them for the lifetime of the window.”  Then said, we’ll get this fixed now.  When we sat down to look at paperwork he agreed to a price of $2600.00 for the five windows that would be installed in my home.  Mr. Porrazzo did not even go look at the windows to measure them, he used the notes left from 2005.  I asked him if he wanted to go see them and he said, “There’s no need I have the measurements right here.”  I asked Mr. Porrazzo about the energy tax credit and he said not to worry, the windows will be installed by Christmas.  (LIE NUMBER TWO)  I was very surprised and asked if they even installed windows in the winter and he said, “Yes”  and that they would be installed by Christmas.   He said that one condition of the price was that I allowed him to put an Energy Wise sign in my front yard from the time they fixed my front window, to the time the job was complete.  He informed me that someone from the company would come to my home on November 18, 2010 to look at my windows and check to see if there was lead paint.  He said that that man would also fix my front leaking window.  I was very happy with the terms of our agreement and he left my home.
On November 18, 2010 Mr. James Lebaron (330-716-1806) stopped at my home to look at and measure the windows.  I also asked him about my front window leaking.  Mr. Lebaron didn’t know what I was talking about.  I showed him the window and where it was leaking and he told me that he didn’t have time to fix it, but call him on Monday November 22, 2010 to remind him to come and look at it.  He told me then that it would be 49 dollars to have the window repaired.  I told him that Mr. Porrazzo had just told me the day prior that Energy Wise doesn’t charge for service to the windows because they have a lifetime warranty.  Mr. Labaron said, “I’m sorry sir, a service call is 49 dollars, but maybe he waived the fee for this one.”  I said ok and set an alarm in my phone to remind me to call him.  Mr Labaron left and I proceeded to call Mr. Porrazzo.  I asked him why the service man said it was 49 dollars but just the day before he said service is free?  He laughed at me and said, “Mr. Allen as I told you I waived that fee.  I did that so you wouldn’t have to pay for it.  I didn’t say service calls were free.  They are 49 dollars.”
On November 22, 2010 I called Mr. Labaron to remind him.  He did remember me and said that he would come out this week to fix them. 
On November 23, 2010 at 9:35 am, Mr. James called me from outside of my home asking which window was leaking.  He told me he couldn’t see where it was leaking, but he replaced the caulking around the inside of the windows and hoped that it fixed the problem.
On December 16, 2010 Mr Porrazzo called my home and left me a message to call him back regarding installation of my new windows.  I got the text message directly to my cell phone and called him right back from Erie Pennsylvania, which is where I was at the time.  I spoke with Mr. Parrozzo and he told me that the earliest they could install my windows was January 4, 2011.  I asked him why it wouldn’t be done before Christmas like he told me they would be.  He told me, “Mr. Allen, when we spoke in your home you may remember that I told you that they would NOT be installed before Christmas.”  I then asked if I would still get the Energy Tax Credit even though they weren’t installed now before the new year.  He assured me that since I have my contract stating the price that it didn’t matter when they were installed that I would still get my tax credit.  Mr. Porrazzo has a way of talking down to you and making you feel very stupid.  I know what he told me and I knew that he was lying to me.  I told Mr. Parrozzo that the 4th would not work for me because I work for a living and I asked if they install on Saturdays.  He said yes they do and we decided that they would install the windows on Saturday January 8, 2011 at 9am.  (LIE NUMBER THREE)
On January 8, 2011 I called the company to make sure they were still coming because I’d not heard from them since we spoke on December 16th.  I left a message at 8:30am and called them back at 9:15am.  I spoke with Betty the secretary.  I asked her if they were still planning to come at 9am being that it was already 9:15.  She put me on hold and came back to the phone to tell me that they would be at my home between 9:30 and 10am.   At 9:26 am I get a call from Raul Magallon (330-506-7140) telling me that he is the installer, he doesn’t know why they keep telling customers what time he will be at their homes without even talking to him first.  He said this is a constant problem and he was on his way to Chardon Ohio and wouldn’t be to my house till at least 2am, but would call me a half hour before he gets to my house.  I then hung up with him and called Energy Wise back to let them know that there is a break in communication somewhere.  I spoke with Betty again and told her that now they wouldn’t be to my house until after 2pm.   I also spoke to her about how frustrated I was with the service that I was receiving and Mr. Porrazzo was very arrogant and I don’t want to talk to him again.  I even apologized to Betty telling her I know it’s not her fault, that I just needed to vent about this whole experience and hope the rest goes well.  She said that was fine and we hung up.
At 3:43 pm I receive another call from Mr. Magallon saying that he just arrived at the warehouse, was loading up my windows, and would head over to my house.  They arrived at my home at 4:45 pm and Mr. Magallon came to my door.  He asked if he could come in and look at the windows.  I agreed and he walked in, not wiping the snow and dirt off his boots or anything, and walked across my kitchen, on my carpet, up the steps to the hallway window, then to my bathroom, then to my bedroom measuring windows.  He complained the entire time saying that they shipped the wrong windows, the windows that they gave him were too small, and that no one told them that I have steel casing windows that need cut out.   He went outside and the men began unloading the windows.  One man knocked on my door and asked if I would open my garage so they could store the windows in there.  I opened it and let them put them in there.  Mr. Magallon came back into my house tracking snow and dirt through my kitchen again and over on the hardwood living room floor, and of course across the carpet and up to the upstairs rooms.  Mr. Magallon and another gentleman came into the house and said that he doesn’t have the tools to cut out the windows today.  That he has to get more supplies to build up around the windows because they are too small, and that it’s now dark outside so it will just have to wait until tomorrow.  So now I’ve taken the day off of work, and wasted the entire day just so they can come back tomorrow.  And the supplies and windows are currently being stored in my garage!  What if something happens to them in there?  Why am I responsible for storing them?  What do you think I should do?!?!  I think I should contact the Better Business Bureau! 

22 comments:

  1. Hell no! It's the truth! The company sucks and I hope people keep reading it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They literally just called my house at almost 7pm to "update thier records". I couldn't even understand the guy. He was either drunk or talking with a mouth full of dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're terrible! Don't do business with them!

      Delete
  3. The littlest was loving the sand (the bedding layer for the mono block)! I didn't see the actual dig out and the depth that was achieved, home improvement

    ReplyDelete
  4. This company I wouldn't let them do work for my worst enemy. Tony the homeowner things he is I'm the moffia wearing black all the time telermarker Vivian she doesn't stop NO means NO but they come out anyway and u still say no when u call the office a Gina answers doesn't no what she is talking about. Its said I went with another company and they are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  5. This company I wouldn't let them do work for my worst enemy. Tony the homeowner things he is I'm the moffia wearing black all the time telermarker Vivian she doesn't stop NO means NO but they come out anyway and u still say no when u call the office a Gina answers doesn't no what she is talking about. Its said I went with another company and they are wonderful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice knowledge gaining article. This post is really the best on this valuable topic.Builders Blackpool

    ReplyDelete
  7. Question...did you have to pay for your project in advance? We paid more than half up front and now they want the rest before they begin. I said no way and they left.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had them finance it. So I believe they charged me when they were all installed. If you go there, I hope it turns out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We paid more than half and they showed up and asked for the balance before they would begin. I said no. Still working it out. My husband would not finance the deck so they asked for a little over half up front to get materials. Just wondered if you prepaid.

      Delete
  9. Took them over 3 weeks to do a crappy job that my son is trying to fix for me since I dont EVER want these people to come back. They still have wood, quickcrete bags (that they never used) and extra railing since they kept sensing the wrong materials. They literally know nothing about building a deck. The materials that I oaid top dollar for are the only good thing about the deck. Go with someone else is my advice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts.
    Double Pane Window Repair
    Windows And Doors Las Vegas

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got what you mean , thanks for posting .Woh I am happy to find this website through google. Cut The Wood - Woodworking DIY Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. Do any of you have a recent update on these two owners or their company? I called Mike DeWine, BBB, Vindicator, etc. & sent the same letter to them all...in brief, 13 months to 80% finish a paid for kitchen , they went out of business, some shoddy/wavy cabinets, new appliances have already been repaired-watch this bc. Lowes needs to see the receipt of purchase not just paperwork From E.W. of the cost of the whole roject.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am very enjoyed for this blog. Its an informative topic. It help me very much to solve some problems. Its opportunity are so fantastic and working style so speedy. what type of jigsaw blade for vinyl flooring

    ReplyDelete
  14. Positive site, where did u come up with the information on this posting?I have read a few of the articles on your website now, and I really like your style. Thanks a million and please keep up the effective work. wardrobes

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is a great website.. The Design looks very good.. Keep working like that!. Kanada viisa veebis

    ReplyDelete
  16. I got what you mean , thanks for posting .Woh I am happy to find this website through google. Kanada viisa veebis

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for your post. I’ve been thinking about writing a very comparable post over the last couple of weeks, I’ll probably keep it short and sweet and link to this instead if thats cool. Thanks. viza de turist india

    ReplyDelete
  18. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post. I was exactly searching for. Thanks for such post and please keep it up. Great work. US Visa ESTA

    ReplyDelete
  19. nice post, keep up with this interesting work. It really is good to know that this topic is being covered also on this web site so cheers for taking time to discuss this! beard oil boxes

    ReplyDelete