Sunday, December 26, 2010

December 26, 2010

Wow!  What an amazing holiday.  Christmas eve proved to be stress as I had anticipated it to be.  James had to work till 5 however, he didn't get out till 5:30.  He got home a little after 6 which put us at my sisters house at 7.  We went in and there were kids running around everywhere.  I can't believe how quickly they grow up.  It was nice to see everyone.  We walked in the door and the entire kitchen was filled with food.  All of the traditional favorites.  James and I made a plate and went in and sat down with the rest of the family, who had already eaten, opened gifts and were relaxing between my sisters' living room and game rooms.  We ate and opened our gifts.  Everyone kept stopping by to say hello and see how we were.  After eating you could literally see that mom was tired, from her recent brain surgery to remove another tumor.  She gets tired so quickly now.  Mom and Dad decided they were going to head home so I walked them out to the truck and they drove back up the hill to their house.  Dad takes mom in the truck so she doesn't risk falling in the driveway from their house to my sisters'.  We left shortly after to head back up to James' house.


The next morning James and I woke up and had our coffee and watched some TV.  We left to go to my house to feed the kids and depart down to Lisbon to my parent's house again.  On the way there I stopped by my friend Mandy's moms house.  I knew she was home from Sandusky and I could give her a great big hug.  It was real nice to see them all.  Mandy and Lee live in Sandusky near Cedar Point, and her mom and dad still live there in Lisbon where we grew up.  Jen (Mandy's mom) was real happy to see me I think.  She just smiled and hugged me.  I love them all so much.  Mandy is one of the most pure, wonderful people on this Earth.  She is truly a good person and I'm lucky to call her my friend.  


We got to my mom's house by 11 am.  The food was all cooking and smelled delicious.  I helped mom make these tortilla roll up things and the deviled eggs.  We then ate and opened up our presents.  My dad was so excited because he handmade James a hammer like Thor's.  Ha ha ha  You see, James is sort of a comic book fanatic!  He loves them.  He was telling us a long time ago he needed wood to make a hammer like Thor's, so my dad made it for him.  After leaving my parents we drove 40 minutes back to James' house so we could let the Bubbies (His kids Kody and Gizmo) out to go potty.


We arrived at his mothers house at about 3:15.  His mom Ana, his brother Denny, and nephew Vinnie were there having dinner.  His mom quickly got us plates to eat the more traditionally Puerto Rican Christmas meal.  Ham, red rice & beans, salad, pastelles, and mashed potatoes and gravy.  It was DELICIOUS!  I love the rice & beans and pastelles.  Denny and Vinny left so we went into her living room that she had decorated the prior evening, to open up gifts and have cookies.  James and his mom hand made me 4 pillows for my couch and loveseat.  I thought that was so nice.  They are so damn cute too!  We then sat around the table and played a couple hands of dominos and left to be back to his house by 6.  


We got back to his house and fed the kids and FINALLY sat down to relax and open the gifts that we got each other.  I love hanging out with him.  It's so comfortable and just seems right. My best friend Rusty then texts me and says that he and his boyfriend Joel are on their way over to exchange gifts as well.  LOL  Never a dull moment!   All and all it has been such a wonderful holiday.  I couldn't have asked for more than to be with my family including James and being with his family as well.  His mom even "officially" gave me one of the turtle doves off of her tree!  She did it just like they did in Home Alone 2, too!  LOL  She's so goofy.


On a very happy note.  This past Wednesday President Obama signed the bill to eliminate Don't Ask Don't Tell (DADT)!!  I posted, on my Facebook status, that I was very happy and proud of our government for finally taking care of this absolutely stupid law.  My sister's boyfriend / faïence Jimmy replied to it asking why I was so happy because all "they" had to do was keep their mouth shut about it and it wasn't an issue.  Jimmy is in the army and served a couple times in Iraq.  I don't think that's homophobic in any way I just don't think that he understood the reasoning that the law should have been repealed.  I told him that over 12500 service members have been discharged since the start of DADT.  He seemed to think that if you wanted to be in the service bad enough you would do whatever it took to get in and to stay in.  I get his point, however he should see that discriminating against people who are gay just isn't right and it was a HUGE victory for us having this repealed.


P.S.  My friend Julie just filled me in on something!  143 ...  Do you know what that is?  I sure didn't.  It means I love you!  How cute!  She said she always sends that to her daughters and i'm like her kid so she sent it to me.  1 = 1 letter I, 4 = four letters LOVE, 3 = 3 letters YOU.  Cute right?!?!  She wants me to move close to her so we can hang out more.  She's in love with my macaw Lilly and we always have a nice time hanging out.   

No comments:

Post a Comment