Friday, December 31, 2010

December 31, 2010 - The End......

Ahhhhhh!  The smell of the new year is in the air and I cannot wait to see what it has to offer!  I've made pork and sauerkraut, a few snack foods, and sandwich items for friends to eat while stopping by.  I'm sitting here in the living room waiting on James to get home.  He had to drop off his mom and stop at his house.  I have the Bubbies here with me however, they are waiting on their cans of food that their dad forgot to bring over :)  Tee hee.

I think that my two cats and his two dogs are getting along much better now.  At first it was quite strange for all parties involved but now it's all good.  Kodi (Bubbies #1) is a Chow mix, Gizmo (Bubbies #2) is a Shih tzu and then we have Fiddos (the woman of the house) my cat and Jackie Doo Butt Stick (the little man) also my cat.  Gizmo has a little peeing problem that we've run into once or twice because he's a little spoiled man and likes to pee on things without repercussions.  So I did have to make a trip over to James' house to pick up the rug scrubber for the floor near the corner of the guest room bed.  What he was doing in there I'm not quite sure, but he must have enjoyed it.

Today, I met James and his mom for lunch at Rotelli's Italian Restaurant.  We ordered two pizzas because they were buy one get one free!   Then, this boy I know was working there, Bob, and he gave us some fried ravioli as well!  It was very nice of him.  During lunch, James' mom was telling me about her trip to Germany to see James while he was in the Army.  You see, his mom Ana grew up in Puerto Rico and ended up quitting school very early in order to take care of her brothers and sisters.  So to this day she cannot read or write (either English or Spanish) and talks pretty broken English yet fluent Spanish.  So she was telling me how she missed her flight from New York to Germany to see him.  That she ended up getting another flight with a connection and ended up getting lost in Germany.  She's so funny.  And when you think about it, not only would it be hard to get around in an unfamiliar airport but then throw in that you cannot read or wright or barely speak English and no German.... That would be pretty scary!  However she wasn't scared.  She said the airport was filled with military men walking up and down the hallways with machine guns and here she comes with a bag of rice and beans and pastelles. LOL  ( If you ever get a chance to try Puerto Rican rice and beans with pastelles I HIGHLY recommend it!)  :)  

So anyway, Happy New Year to all of those who may come across my page.  I wish you all the best in the new  year!  Take it easy and take care!

((HUGS))

No comments:

Post a Comment