Monday, December 27, 2010

December 27, 2010 - New Year Resolution - Operation Declutter 2011

What a constructive day!  James stopped by here after he got done work today to pick me up and take me to Home Depot to get the new pantry cabinet I wanted.  We got it hauled back here and I built it.  I wouldn't have asked him to stay here and help me because a. he had to get home to feed the Bubbies, and b. because he had just worked all day.  It wasn't so hard anyway to get it put together.  Let me tell you though!  I'm absolutely delighted it's all up and ready to use!  I guess I should tell you the story.


I decided that for my New Year Resolution this year I'm taking on "Operation Declutter 2011"!  Hell, I've even just created a Facebook page for others to join and exchange tips and chronicle our milestone achievements.  I think it's going to be great!  And if we talk about it we may be able to make sure that we keep on it.  I'm also hoping that by decluttering and organizing my home more, that it might spill over into my life as well.  Perhaps I can get more organized when it comes to eating right and exercising too.


So, I've started cleaning out my closets, and no not the proverbial one!  And this pantry is going to be wonderful!  It will make shopping much easier because I'll be able to see what I do and do not have.  Hopefully save me some money because I've now realized that I have 4 entire bags of powdered sugar.  Now really, what does one person need with 4 bags of powdered sugar?  Ha!  However, organizing the kitchen cupboards with only the items that are opened and currently being used I think is a great idea!  Well if anyone is reading this and would like to share ideas on organizing and decluttering, by all means please feel free to comment and let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment